Second Tech strives to facilitate the transfer of quantum technologies from research labs to the engineering department. The aim is to gather useful resources, develop a community that collectively builds an open knowledge base around quantum technologies, as well as to provide tools that reduce the friction between researchers and engineers.

On second-tech.com you find resources and discussion forums related to quantum technologies in a broad sense. The sister site second-quantization.com provides documentation for the software development kit TBTK for second quantized models, which aims to aid the development of code for quantum mechanical calculations on an industrial scale.

Become a Patron!


|0> to |1>: Why quantum technology is bound to rise.

You may have noted an increasing activity around quantum technologies in recent years. Giants such as IBM, Microsoft, Google, and Intel are jumping into quantum computing alongside the by now well established D-Wave and more recent startups such as Riggeti, Q-Ctrl, Zapata, etc., etc. The European Union recently launched its €1 billion Quantum Technology Flagship, …

Finite differences and second quantization

Most recent TBTK release at the time of writing: v1.0.3 Single-particle quantum mechanics is usually formulated using a differential equation such as the Schrödinger equation. The simplest way to solve this numerically is through the use of finite differences. While TBTK is designed for discrete problems formulated on second quantized form, this includes the possibility …


Automation is great when it solves 95% of reoccurring tasks. Automation is awful when it makes it impossible to get human help to solve the remaining 5%.

Just probed #ChatGPT about my own perceived conscious awareness and how I can take it for granted. And it stoped responding! I have tried to resend the request five times with the same result. Not sure how to interpret this!

Load More...


Many thanks to Alfredo Bellisario, Gabriel Björnsson, and Iulia Emilia Brumboiu for supporting the work through Patreon!